Frequently Asked Questions


Q: How can I contact The Union?

Please call 530-273-9565 between 7:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday through Friday, and 7:00 am to 10:00 am on Saturday, a customer service representative will be happy to assist you. We are closed on Sundays and holidays. Or, please email us at The Union

Q: Why do I need to register my account?

By registering your account, you are creating a password only known by you to access our online subscription customer services. Then you can manage your subscription securely at your convenience.

Q: What customer services are available?

You can request the following services online:
  • Review activity on your account
  • Report a service issue such as a missed or stolen paper
  • Suspend and restart delivery of your newspaper while you are on vacation
  • Donate to the Newspaper in Education Program
  • Make one-time or continuous credit card or bank draft payments
  • Start a new subscription or start an old stopped subscription

Q: What if I forget my password?

If you forget your password, please use the "Forgot Password?" link on the Login page.

Q: How do I change my password?

Login and proceed to "Change Account Info". You will be prompted for your current and your desired new password.

Q: Whom do I contact and what information do you need me to send when I discover that there is a problem with your Web site?

If you experience a problem navigating our sites, please email us at The Union and describe in as much detail as possible, including the steps you take leading up to it, how often it occurs, and the exact text of any error message that you receive. The information you provide will help us to find a solution more quickly. For your security please do not include your password in the email.

Digital Subscription

Q: How can I purchase a digital subscription?

If you are a current print subscriber, you have access to theunion.com and our digital replica of The Union at no additional cost. Or if you are a new subscriber, go to the Not a Subscriber? link on the Login page.

Q: What do I use to login and view my digital subscription?

You may use your email address and password to access your digital subscription.

Print Subscription

Q: If I go on vacation and wish to temporarily suspend my newspaper, will I still have access to the digital edition?

Yes, you will have full digital access while you are on vacation and be able to keep up on everything happening in Nevada County! Proceed to "Vacation Holds" to notify us of your vacation and to stop and restart home delivery of The Union. You will need to complete the transaction prior to 3:00 pm one day prior to your desired stop. Transactions completed after 3:00 pm on Saturday cannot take effect until the following Tuesday. If you prefer, you can donate your vacation copies to students, through our Newspaper in Education program. You will be billed as usual for the period. For each copy you donate, four students will receive their own copy of The Union. To donate your vacation copies, proceed to "Vacation Holds" and choose the NIE donation option.

Q: What should I do if my newspaper does not arrive or if sections are missing?

Log in and proceed to "Delivery Feedback" if your newspaper has not arrived by the guaranteed delivery time (6:00 A.M. Monday through Saturday). Also, you may notify us of damaged papers on this page as well. In most areas, if we receive your request before noon, we can redeliver another paper to you the same day. Credits for missing deliveries for previous days must be requested from a customer service representative or by e-mailing us at The Union. Be sure to include your name, delivery address, and home phone number in your e-mail, and the words MISSED PAPER CREDIT in the subject line. Otherwise we will extend your account accordingly for a missed delivery that day.

Q: Is it necessary to call to restart my subscription after it has been temporarily suspended?

If you provide a restart date when you suspend delivery you do not need to call again to restart your delivery. However, if the restart date has changed, or was not provided when the account was suspended, you will need to speak to a customer service representative at 530-273-9565.